The ConPaaS team is proud to announce the availability of ConPaaS-1.0.0. This is a major release which features a number of important improvements compared to the 0.9.0 release:
- All internal control communications between ConPaaS entities are now secured. This means that attackers will not be able to take control over a user’s services nor disrupt their operations.
- Similarly, by default the ConPaaS frontend is now configured to run over HTTPS rather than HTTP.
- TaskFarming service: this is a new service dedicated to the efficient execution of large number of independent tasks.
- Selenium service: this is a new service dedicated to the functional testing of Web applications.
- The PHP and Java services now have a new GIT-based method for code uploads.
- ConPaaS can now run in any availability zone at Amazon Web Services.
- The installation procedure has been greatly simplified with an install script which automates most things.
ConPaaS is a runtime environment for hosting applications in the cloud. It aims at offering the full power of the cloud to application developers while shielding them from the associated complexity of the cloud. ConPaaS is designed to host both high-performance scientific applications and online Web applications. It automates the entire life-cycle of an application, including collaborative development, deployment, performance monitoring, and automatic scaling. Finally, it runs on a variety of public and private clouds, and is easily extensible. This allows developers to focus their attention on application-specific concerns rather than on cloud-specific details. For more information about the ConPaaS project as a whole we recommend this recently-published article.
To try the new release the simplest option is ConPaaS Online: new users can register and try the system for free during a limited period.
The ConPaaS team is busier than ever in building new functionality and in making ConPaaS an even better system. Stay tuned for the next releases!