The ConPaaS team is proud to announce the release of ConPaaS-1.4.1. This release is different from previous ones in that it is a preliminary version meant as a technology preview. Attention: this version has not been fully tested so it is not suitable for production usage. For production usage we suggest using ConPaaS-1.3.1.
New features in ConPaaS-1.4.1 include:
- The XtreemFS service now enforces strict access control using ssl certificates. Two types of certificates are now supported:
- a) user certificates: contain a username and group (recommended)
- b) client certificates: the local username and group are forwarded to XtreemFS (for trusted environments)
- A new MySQL Galera service is introduced. This service is meant to replace the old MySQL service with a better implementation of database replication based on Galera cluster.
- Users can now log in to ConPaaS using an external identity provider such as the Contrail IdP.
- ConPaaS now has a new set of command-line tools called cps-tools which exhibits a more regular syntax than the old cpsclient.
ConPaaS is a runtime environment for hosting applications in the cloud. It aims at offering the full power of the cloud to application developers while shielding them from the associated complexity of the cloud. ConPaaS is designed to host both high-performance scientific applications and online Web applications. It automates the entire life-cycle of an application, including collaborative development, deployment, performance monitoring, and automatic scaling. Finally, it runs on a variety of public and private clouds, and is easily extensible. This allows developers to focus their attention on application-specific concerns rather than on cloud-specific details. For more information about the ConPaaS project as a whole we recommend this overview article.
To try the new release the simplest option is ConPaaS Online: new users can register and try the system for free during a limited period.
The ConPaaS team is busier than ever in building new functionality and in making ConPaaS an even better system. Stay tuned for the next releases!